Author Topic: late bloomer  (Read 595 times)

LynneCM

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
late bloomer
« on: Dec 09, 2023, 05:03 pm »
Hello, SMs!
I am new to this network (and career) and excited to join you. I didn't know I'd love stage managing until my friend and fellow classmate ask me to call the cues for his show at the Winnipeg Fringe Festival this past summer (2023). I was lucky to work with an awesome lighting technician who taught me how to set up the script and mark the cues, time my standbys and goes, etc., and generally encouraged me to keep going. So when I started back into my classes at the theatre and film department at the U of Winnipeg this fall, I took an excellent class in stage management, and now I'll be ASMing a show in January/February. I've also been asked to SM another Fringe show this summer. I started my UW degree program in 2020 as a playwright, but now I've got a whole new bag of tricks! Since I'm turning 70 at the end of May, I don't see myself working big shows-- I want to leave those for my younger, more energetic colleagues-- but I'm happy to pick up a smaller show here and there. I'm having the time of my life with this new stage of life (pun intended)!

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: late bloomer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2023, 10:37 am »
Welcome Aboard!!!
Ordo ab chao