Author Topic: Reports and minutes (Performance, Rehearsal, meetings)  (Read 178193 times)

SMExtraordinaire

• New to Town
  • Must respect the ball cap....
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Stage Manager's Association
  • Experience: Professional
Re: rehearsal reports
« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2008, 04:34 pm »
The first one posted is very close to the format I currently use and when I was working through more email and less attachments to emails - I used the 2nd format style.

A collegue sent me an extremely elaborate format (right down to breaking into individual names of those who needed to read specific sections) and if I can ever find it again I will be sure to post it (with his consent).
"It required a bland, conscientious temperament that expected abuse and never admiration. The best stage managers are usually women, who bear the indignity for the historical neccessity of continuity itself." - John Osbourne

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2008, 12:42 am »
this is interesting, because several forms list breaks, and I never clock breaks unless there is a reason - I expect the director to trust that we will take them as required, and the specifics are left undocumented - sometimes we don't get back to work right away, or the director is otherwise occupied, or I have to gather folks, or whatever reason -

So here is a qq - how many people clock breaks vs just report the span of day?

EFMcMullen

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #32 on: Sep 02, 2008, 07:55 am »
I don't record breaks, per say, but I do keep record of what was accomplished in each "section":
10:00am - 10:30am Staged Pg 6-11
10:35am - 11:30am Reviewed Pg 1-11.

I have found it helpful in OT situations to know when people were called/released as well as when directors wonder where all the time has disappeared to.  It also depends on the situation.  My summer job often has three rehearsal rooms going, all on different schedules, so the reports don't include broken down days. 

rvhead

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 02, 2008, 09:13 am »
I always document the breaks on my rehearsal reports, just in case. If there is ever an actor saying he or she didn't get their proper breaks, I have it documented. If breaks are staggered it will end up looking something like this:

BREAKS: 11:20-11:30;   12:50-1:00;  2:00-3:00;  staggered breaks through end of day

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
« Reply #34 on: Sep 02, 2008, 09:36 am »
I don't clock breaks unless management requires it, and it's been a very long time since I last encountered that. 

And span of day has already been reported on the rehearsal schedule (everyone who gets the Rehearsal Notes also gets the schedule.) I try never to document the same information twice, unless there's some compelling reason, so this also does not go into the Rehearsal Notes.  The only exception to this might be actor overtime (when I'm in the very, very, very rare situation of not having to get it approved ahead of time.)

<snip>

"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

SMrose

• Permanent Resident
  • all the world's a stage
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, IATSE
  • Current Gig: Technical Support Services @ Lenoir-Rhyne University
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #35 on: Sep 02, 2008, 03:53 pm »
I document breaks when working an AEA contract---just like to keep a start/end/meal/break(s) record in case it comes up.

SMExtraordinaire

• New to Town
  • Must respect the ball cap....
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Stage Manager's Association
« Reply #36 on: Sep 05, 2008, 01:05 pm »

Just span of the day for us - both day before rehearsal report (next day's proposed schedule) and then the day of what actual times were and lunch and/or dinner break. Don't really list 5s or 10s.
"It required a bland, conscientious temperament that expected abuse and never admiration. The best stage managers are usually women, who bear the indignity for the historical neccessity of continuity itself." - John Osbourne

teetapper930

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Performance Reports
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2011, 02:39 am »
Hi everyone!  I'm new on here, and am taking a stage management class in college, and have found it very helpful to look through all of the forms you have all created.  I'm working on a couple right now for my class, and one that I am having difficulty formating is a performance/show report.  Something that seemed like it would be the easiest to put together is being the biggest pain the butt!  Does anyone have a template i could take a look at, or what do you reccommend to put on a performance report/show report? 

All respoonses are appreciated :)

~Tee

BayAreaSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Bay Area SM
  • Current Gig: VP, Operations in AV Events
Re: Performance Reports
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:01 am »
Here is one of my most recent performance reports for ballet. However, this is not the most typical style. Along the right hand side you'll see the entire layout of the crew by department, which is used for reference when we perform this ballet again.

There are a lot of styles of performance reports, though most importantly you must list run times and time stamp your acts. Also, at the ballet we work with a union symphony, so tracking the exact start and end times, before bows, is extremely important, should someone cite an overtime issue.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2011, 02:32 am by BayAreaSM »

kkesler

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SM student at the University of Oklahoma.
  • Current Gig: SM for the Oklahoma Festival Ballet
Re: Reports and minutes (Performance, Rehearsal, meetings)
« Reply #39 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:04 pm »
This is the rehearsal report form that my mentor, Chris Sadler, gave me my freshman year of college. So far, it seems to work extremely well as it provides all of the pertinent information in a well organized and efficient manner. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to suggestions/improvements.

Post Merge: Mar 20, 2011, 05:06 pm
This performance report template is also from Chris Sadler and I have found it to be extremely helpful and well organized.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2011, 05:06 pm by kkesler »

jeburr

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Rehearsal Report
« Reply #40 on: Oct 15, 2012, 04:25 pm »
Sample Rehearsal Report

MatthewShiner

• View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #41 on: Oct 15, 2012, 05:25 pm »
Here is my current production report (what most people call rehearsal report) and a performance report.

These forms have evolved and be added to and subtracted to over the past couple of years - so, I can't say it all came form my mind, but from the hive mind . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

BeccaTheSM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • Becca Pickett
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
Re: !! - Request Forms Here - !!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:48 pm »
KatieH - here is a blank of my iPhone/Android/semi-smart-phone friendly rehearsal report and performance report. Second perk is that it is easily adjustable to add/remove different departments that do/not apply to a particular production.
Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos. - Stephen Sondheim

jrbucci

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
  • Affiliations: Point Park University
  • Current Gig: BFA in Stage Management @ Point Park University & Production Manager: Hula Lou Theatre Project
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 01:44 pm »
Here are the forms I have developed and use. The PMR is from a show I did while assisting my mentor. THe RR is from my current show. Mine are all excel based which makes it easy to keep track of all the files in one workbook.

workinhard853

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM at a theatre in Kentucky
« Reply #44 on: Nov 05, 2014, 08:23 pm »
I am constantly doing large musicals that rehearse sometimes from 10am - 10p. I was asked once upon a time to include the fallowing days schedule and have been doing that ever since. Does anyone else include the full daily schedule (including breaks) and the fallowing days rehearsal schedule?