Author Topic: !! - Request Forms Here - !!  (Read 85116 times)

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: !! - Request Forms Here - !!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:00 pm »
Bethany, this section of the site is for blank form templates that you fill in with your own production's data. We're not interesting in doing students' homework here, so I do not recommend anyone posting or requesting forms completed with anything more than "lorem ipsum" type information. It shouldn't take long to do an ASB using any of the forms you have here plus a read through of the script.

Besides, your director should have input on whether or not the French scenes as scripted will be accurate to their concept and vision. They may intend to add or remove silent players from a scene.

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:40 pm »
This is your own work to do as a Stage Manager. Every single show. Not only just to get the work done, but to allow you to become familiar with the show,. Doing this work is what prepares you to stage manage the show properly.

It's a paperwork-heavy career! Get used to it now!

Does Anyone have a French scene breakdown for "All My Sons"
Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 10:38 pm by RuthNY »
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

MacSm325

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2014, 06:42 pm »
Hi,

I was looking for a quick change sample sheet? I am working on 42nd Street and want to use an organized form.

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
« Reply #18 on: Jun 13, 2014, 01:58 pm »
Hi All,

I'm looking for a sample Flight Plot Template, from a detailed production such as Peter Pan or Mary Poppins. I need something alterable to my purposes, but yet, a place to start. If anyone has such a thing, or an idea, please PM me and let me know! Thanks, in advance!
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2014, 05:01 pm »
I searched for this and haven't had any luck.  By any chance does anyone have a weekly breakdown of SM responsibilities?  I am looking for something like:

Week 1 - Prep, paperwork, copies...
Week 2-5 - rehearsals, reports, blocking...
Week 6 - tech
etc...

If you have something like this and are willing to share it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

cassandramatt

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM Spring Awakening at University of Southern Indiana
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2014, 01:11 am »
Looking for a couple documents. 1) prep week checklist and 2) something that outlines PSM/SM/ASM job duties, creating my own but would love to see what other people have.
Midsummer Night's Dream

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2014, 02:19 am »
Cassandra, here are our existing Preproduction Forms. We call it preproduction here instead of prep week as most folks don't get a full week. (Many are lucky to get a single day.) Do note that these checklists are probably a little dated and won't take into consideration digital setup procedures such as creating a Dropbox directory and sharing it with your team.

As for job allocation across a stage management team, that's company-specific and really cannot be defined with fill in the blank forms. The jobs are often codified in the contract. However, we've discussed the delegation of tasks several times on other boards. Here are some links to get you started:

The Big ASM Thread
PSM vs SM
Definition of PSM

Jonas_A

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:15 am »
Does anyone have an example of a daily changes sheet or similar as used on commercial musicals in Australia (and perhaps abroad)? They typically include things like cast changes, "Today's performance will be conducted by XX", show number, notes, call times for that day (particularly for days with two shows/media calls/etc. and any extra notes (eg. "Tonight Ms Smith will make a brief announcement after the show that we are collecting donations for Equity.").

They're used for a lot of large-scale commercial musicals here, where they are made each day in the morning and then distributed extensively to every department and anybody who asks for one,  but I haven't been able to get a phot or sample of any of the ones I've seen when I've visited such shows. Can anyone help?

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2015, 10:59 am »
I'm wondering if anyone has any breakdowns or paperwork in general for Leonard Bernstein's Mass?

Thanks in advance!
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.

gelo141

• New to Town
  • I am not a teacher, I'm an awakener!
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Beauty and the Beast
  • Experience: High School
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 02:03 am »
So talent shows are as popular as ever and sooo much fun to put on. Does anyone have anything that they like to use to organize the chaos?
There is really nothing you must be. & there is nothing you must do. There is really nothing you must have. & there is nothing you must know. There is really nothing you must become. However it helps to understand that fire burns, & when it rains . . .

jlunsford

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC
  • Current Gig: The Memorandum with Oklahoma City University
Flying Paperwork
« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2015, 11:54 am »
Does anyone happen to have paperwork they use when flying people? Thank you!

Exterminate!
Jamie

michellee

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2015, 06:55 pm »
Does anyone have a completed Character Scene Breakdown for Sondheim's A Little Night Music? I was just brought on to SM last minute and am attempting to play catch up. Thanks!

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #27 on: Dec 28, 2015, 06:29 pm »
I'm interested in seeing reports for touring shows- if you have a general daily report that covers travel, performances, load-ins/outs, etc I'd love to see it. Thanks!

ErgoCue

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Production Stage Manager - New Voices Festival at The Old Globe
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 05:29 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an example of cues written into a score only, not a libretto or a mix of script and score.

Thanks!

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 07:15 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an example of cues written into a score only, not a libretto or a mix of script and score.

Thanks!

Hi,

Here's a link to a sampling from the opera that I called last week (it was too big to attach). Some things to note: I came on the this as a calling SM and really only attended the 3 rehearsals before tech, so there's some rough blocking in there as reference points for myself. Also, it's a little sloppier than I normally like but I only got the cues a few hours (!!!) before the first performance. I also couldn't get my labels to print in the right place, and that I cannot figure out. I called Lights, Sound, Video, Scene Shifts and SL Entrances over headset as there was no ASM. There were no rail cues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78zl1wkzymerw02/Lady%20Bird%20Calling%20Score%20Samples.pdf?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:22 pm by MarcieA »
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.

riotous