Author Topic: THE Sharpie topic  (Read 16580 times)

BlantonRK

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Glimmerglass Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Re: THE Sharpie topic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2009, 06:13 pm »
New favorite: Sherpa!  A Sharpie holder..

http://www.sherpapens.com/

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2009, 08:48 pm »
Aw, it's a little costume for your sharpie.  For some reason it makes me think of those folks who dress up their handbag chihuahuas.  Although considering how SMs feel about their Sharpies that's probably not an inappropriate comparison.

philimbesi

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2009, 09:57 am »
Fairly certain I'd ditch the dog before the Sharpie.

Tempest

• Permanent Resident
  • Learn to love chaos, then tame it.
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: The Center For Puppetry Arts
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2009, 11:56 am »
Oooo, the Sherpas are tempting...but I'd probably cry if it got "lost."  As opposed to just being very very annoyed.
Jessica: "Of course I have a metric size 4 dinglehopper in my kit!  Who do you think I am?"

Escape84

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 09, 2010, 06:17 pm »
Maybe I have bad Sharpie karma, but my keychain mini-sharpies tend to fall off and get lost, and my retractable Sharpies dry out. Regular Sharpies always get loaned out and never returned, but I love Libby's idea of attaching a Sharpie to your belt with tie line around the cap... this way, if I let someone borrow it, they'll HAVE to return it (or keep it without the cap)!

ddsherrer

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2010, 09:58 pm »
Here's a neat trick:

Ever seen someone write on a dry erase board with a Sharpie instead of a Dry Erase Marker?  I have!  The easiest way I have ever found to remove the unwanted Sharpie is to take the Dry Erase Marker you should have been using and trace over the Sharpie.   Both sets of marker will wipe right off with a paper towel, hand, eraser, etc. and leave no residue.  It has something to do with the pigment compounds in the Sharpie and the Dry Erase marker.  Of course, Alcohol does the trick, but a marker is probably more convenient.
If all the world's a stage, where's my stage manager?

Bwoodbury

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • bridgetwoodbury.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2010, 01:54 am »
I keep my daily checklists in plastic sleeves and check them off with sharpies (so they don't smear) then wipe them at the end of the night with moist towlette style alcohol wipes. Then I can even fill in new times at half hour, one hour, etc without reprinting!

DeeCap

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:55 am »
I just got an e-mail (yes, i get e-mail updates from Sharpie) about their new Stainless Steel Sharpie. It's actually a Sharpie that has a stainless steel barrel and ink refills. It looks kind of cool but my boyfriend's issue with his sharpies is when the tip gets smushed or not as clean he stops using them or "donates" them to the scene shop or someone lol.

It's gonna be available in March but they have limited edition pre-release ones on E-bay to raise money for charity.

I don't know if I'm sold on them because of the possible tip "smushing" issue...lol. Unless somehow they've designed a much sturdier tip to keep it's shape. We'll have to see...

Moderator edit: removed hyperlink as auction has expired - kmc307

I have a cup full of sharpies. Many of them I consider dead, due to the fact the tip is too smushed for my taste. I then go in my desk drawer that has boxes of sharpies and I get a fresh one.

If they came out with one that didn't smush, I would buy one (thousand) and then buy stock in the company.

Rhynn

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Experience: High School
« Reply #23 on: Nov 04, 2012, 01:17 am »
Rule #1 for Sharpies--never let anyone borrow your Sharpie, even for a minute. It never comes back . . .
-----
I'm flattered, but the answer is still no.