Author Topic: CCTV Monitor  (Read 3341 times)

dru*

• New to Town
    • View Profile
CCTV Monitor
« on: Jun 19, 2008, 02:31 am »
I need an answer quick! I'm working on a community theatre show that is being produced in a high school auditorium. At a previous school i've worked at, there was a piece of equipment, a black bar, that connected via a coaxial jack into the school's cable system and broadcast whatever was hooked into it on a specific TV channel throughout the school.

I can't find any information about such a system. Anyone have any help?!

THANKS!

expeditionready

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Re: CCTV Monitor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2008, 12:35 am »
I once used a similar system in a high school auditorium.  I ran composite video out of a camera into a box that connected to the school's CAT6 network using a standard ethernet cable and broadcasted on a defined TV Channel.  On the monitor end, I used the regular coax jacks and, where there weren't coax jacks, ran an ethernet cable to another box that had a coaxial connection.  I could then tune into the channel on which I was broadcasting anywhere in the school.
...there was a piece of equipment, a black bar, that connected via a coaxial jack into the school's cable system and broadcast whatever was hooked into it on a specific TV channel throughout the school...
I am not sure what kind of equipment could broadcast into a cable system with a coaxial connection...I am only vaguely familiar with this method of using the ethernet (of which the cable system was a part).  I am quite sure that this was not the exact same equipment I was using, but here is a start: newbielink:http://www.broadatacom.com/site/products/products-4.html [nonactive].  Hope that helps!

Zane

Mac Calder

• Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: CCTV Monitor
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2008, 06:00 am »
The device is called an RF Modulator.

You should be able to pick them up at any decent electronics store for about $50. What you do is you daisy chain RF modulators, one for each channel you wish to add, and if you wish to add regular TV, you run your cable/aerial into it as well.