Author Topic: latest toys...  (Read 52454 times)

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
  • Experience: Professional

NJ.JerrySmith

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • Jerry Smith | Stage Manager
  • Affiliations: AGMA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: latest toys...
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:47 pm »
Now that I've adopted a clear clipboard, I'll never go back.

I keep whatever I'm working on on the clipboard, but a schedule or contact sheet goes at the bottom of the clipped papers so that I can always see it through the back. It's like having two clipboards in one!

And for those of you who work with music stand lights (operas and musicals, usually), check this out:
http://www.kliplite.com/Cordless%20KLIP-LITE.html
These cordless clip lights are awesome, and can even clip on the top of a clipboard. Now I can grab my stand and dash upstage without tripping over or tearing out wires (used to happen often...)

An alternative method to this I have adopted is to scotch tape a sheet protector to a regular clipboard. Cut off the white 3 hole part and tape three closed sides, and presto!

doodlebug

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Over the River and Through the Woods
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: latest toys...
« Reply #77 on: Sep 14, 2015, 05:21 am »
Post it flags and tabs are my favorite things at the moment. And colored pens. Papermate Inkjoy has a package of 10 which makes color coding things easy. Oh and washi tape. I've found super thin washi tape that's awesome for marking things up in a script.

I don't know if it's a toy, but we started using Remind to text everyone at once. It's a site/app designed for teachers to contact parents, but it works well for sending short messages it everyone easily.