Author Topic: latest toys...  (Read 52620 times)

Laurs

• New to Town
  • "You're the SPASM!!!"
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Fordham Theatre Company, Roundabout Theatre Company
Re: latest toyes...
« Reply #30 on: Nov 01, 2006, 01:52 pm »
Not only a handle, but came with a shoulder strap too!  ...but i don't use it, just the handle....   ;)  the rest of my stuff I carry in a back pack.

I WANT ONE!!!
Amie: Noah! Plincessen!
Noah: Nein! T-Rex!!

reds

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 01, 2006, 04:32 pm »
I got them at Staples (man, I looove that store!)  The company's name is "case it" They are two tone, black and a variety of colors.  I actually have a couple of them in case I have more than one project going.  The surface is nylon, so it is easily wiped clean if something spills or it gets grungy. 
Dream - Hope - Believe

monicammuller

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2006, 01:43 am »
Yes, Retractable sharpies have become my personal favorites.  They are great because you can't loose the cap and they wont mark on yourself, if retracted.  Easyly used for labeling, spikeing, and all around fun.  I know that my electrition friends practically live for them.  I think that everyone should at least try a retractable sharpie once, once you try them you will be hooked.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2006, 01:44 am by monicammuller »

Laurs

• New to Town
  • "You're the SPASM!!!"
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Fordham Theatre Company, Roundabout Theatre Company
« Reply #33 on: Nov 02, 2006, 09:33 pm »
I got them at Staples (man, I looove that store!)  The company's name is "case it" They are two tone, black and a variety of colors.  I actually have a couple of them in case I have more than one project going.  The surface is nylon, so it is easily wiped clean if something spills or it gets grungy. 

OMGOMGOMG I went to Target today and FOUND THEM! The one I god has a fantastic open elastic pocket which my laptop fits into so, not only do i have my bible binder, but I can carry my laptop! and the inside...I've already managed to cus tomize it with extra mesh baggies. *AHHHHH* I'm so excited. I picked up at least $75 worth of supplies for my kit...I got brand new retractable sharpies and highlighters--my new best friends--some fridge magnet clips from the kitchen section, white out pens, glue sticks, new lables, I got a new tumbler and a new carabiner and new tape meausres and glues and such...omg I got...SO much...but this binder is like my new baby...
Amie: Noah! Plincessen!
Noah: Nein! T-Rex!!

BalletPSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Stage Management Faculty at Baylor University
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #34 on: Nov 07, 2006, 10:59 pm »
Ah, the simple joys of the office supply store.  Whenever I feel stressed I go into an office supply store and am immediately relaxed..there is something wonderful in knowing that there exists an entire store of stuff to organize and make easier the stressful life of a stage manager.  =)

Stage managing is getting to do everything your mom told you not to do - read in the dark, sit too close to the TV, and play with the light switches!

ChaCha

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • http://www.performinglineswa.org.au
  • Affiliations: Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2006, 11:10 am »
Ah ha! I stumbled across my first retractable sharpie last week. Now if they just made them mini...
ChaCha

tjscott978

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Eclipse Theatre Ensemble Member
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2006, 02:09 am »
I'm going shopping for my SM kit after a hiatis and I'm really looking for the pen with the light in it. The ones that I had previously I was given and so I've never gone shopping for one.  Does anyone have an idea of where I might find one? They are really great for taking notes during tech runs. I'm in pre-production right now so I have some time, but pretty soon I'll be in rehearsals and I want to be set when that starts. Plus I can always ask for the more expensive stuff for Christmas if I need to .

Thanks so much for your help I appreciate it.

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 30, 2006, 12:33 pm »
not sure where you live, but stationery stores have them - and in the LA area I find them all the time at the 99centsonly stores - you just need to get fresh batteries after a week or so

BeckyGG

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2006, 12:01 am »
My latest toy is a new stage management kit.  It essentially is a milk crate that functions like a rolling suitcase with wheels and a collaspeable handle so I can wheel it around.  It comes with a canvas saddlebag type contraption that slides ontop of it with pencil pockets, assorted other pockets and a built-in expandable file folder.  I am completely in love with it!!  I believe it is a called a Memorystor and I got it at Costco this week.  It's everything that I've been looking for without realizing I was looking for it.  It is perfect for someone who takes their kit on the subway with them frequently.
CHAOS: Where Brilliant Dreams Are Born
Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be Chaos
Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish to the crowd.

dwj0772

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
« Reply #39 on: Dec 13, 2006, 08:53 am »

You wouldn't happen to know the item # for them, would you?

musicalssm

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2006, 12:12 am »
I don't know if they have made it to your area yet, cha-cha, but the mini-retractable sharpies are everywhere in Oklahoma.  I can find them at Wal-Mart or Staples.  I love those things.  I need to scrape together money to go buy more.  I don't have enough colors yet.  Speaking of which, I need to get one of those massive 20 color packs to replace all the ones I lost over the last 5 shows.  Can never have too many of those, and some various colors of chalk, and vis-a-vis.....*sigh*  I miss my office supplies kit being maxed out.  I've come to find too many more things to add to it.  Ah, the days when I thought I'd covered everything. :)  Well, at least this gives me more excuse to go shopping at Staples (the only office supply store in town, outside of the college bookstores).

ChaCha

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • http://www.performinglineswa.org.au
  • Affiliations: Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #41 on: Dec 23, 2006, 04:45 am »
well my area is a fair way from oklahoma - I am in Western Australia - also a fair way from the nearest staples (we dont have them). But we do have officeworks so i am sure it is only a matter of patient waiting and then a mini retractable sharpie will be mine! (rubs hands together with glee)
ChaCha

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
« Reply #42 on: Dec 23, 2006, 11:40 am »
I think the craft stores here have the mini retractable sharpies too...especially at the impulse shopping near the cash registers.

Erin

Canuck

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Dec 25, 2006, 05:53 pm »
OMG!!!  My staff just gave my the best x-mas gift ever...personalized Sharpies!!!  Check it out at www.sharpie.com.

I'm blown away.  Literally.

kiwitechgirl

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:48 pm »
I want a Swiss Army knife flash drive....http://www.giggadgets.com.au/usb_stuff.html