Author Topic: Erasable highlighters?  (Read 6478 times)

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Erasable highlighters?
« on: Mar 22, 2008, 07:31 pm »
Has anyone else seen an erasable highlighter?  About 6-7 years ago, someone in my family got one as swag from a convention, and knowing my SM love for office supplies, gave it to me.  It was amazing!  It really did erase, and not leave any marks behind.  However, I have NEVER been able to find another one, and there wasn't a manufacturer's name on it, only the telecom company that was giving them out at the convention.

Was this just a one off, SM's dream gadget that never caught on, or has anyone else encountered this pen???

SSM
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

rvhead

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
Re: Erasable highlighters?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2008, 07:49 pm »
AEA has erasable highlighters that work pretty well. They've been giving them out at first rehearsals lately.

Mac Calder

• Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2008, 07:57 pm »
Dri-Mark make them (both the promotional and the mass market versions). One side highlights, the other side erases.

Marbig also make them.

Any stationer should be able to custom order them for you.

ddsherrer

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2008, 09:46 pm »
I have been looking for these for forever!  I was given one as a gift and when it died I went everywhere looking for them.  I couldn't find them online either.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction as well!
~Deb
If all the world's a stage, where's my stage manager?

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2008, 01:15 am »
Thanks to the amazing minds of SMNetwork, my conundrum has been solved!  Thank you!!

SSM
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

rmdevito

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:09 pm »
Pilot makes erasable pens called FriXion Ball. Erases by friction. No eraser shavings every were. Using it in my prompt book love them !!!

Amie

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • Amie S. Bajlaieh  - Stage Manager. Producer. Artist.
  • Affiliations: Crossroads Theatre Company, Rutgers University
  • Current Gig: Producing Associate, Crossroads Theatre Company
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:34 pm »
I'm not a fan of the erasable highlighter as much, because while it erases wonderfully...you can't go back over the 'erased' mark, it doesn't allow that.

Has anyone had better luck with that?
~ Amie ~

“This whole creation is essentially subjective, and the dream is the theater where the dreamer is at once: scene, actor, prompter, stage manager, author, audience, and critic.”

Jessie_K

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • International Stage Manager of Mystery
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA (on leave)
  • Current Gig: Queen of the Night
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2008, 10:39 pm »
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://p.office1000.com/mrp/63104TOM.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.office1000.com/discount/highlighter-tape.html&h=123&w=200&sz=4&hl=en&start=20&um=1&tbnid=IfePI2xc3oAdCM:&tbnh=64&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhighlighter%2Btape%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Have to scroll down to Tombow.  Erasable Highlighter tape.  Erase with regular pencil eraser. You can re-highlight and un-highlight the same area over and over again.  Does make a clicking noise, though, so no highlighting during quiet scenes.

Nonnie

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2008, 01:20 am »
I just picked up some erasable highlighters from the Office Depot near my house. They are made by Pilot and called light Frixion. There is a rubber rub on the back that you use over the dry ink and it rubs off quite easily. I'm not sure if you can highlight over an area you erased though, give me a sec to check... you can.

Does make a noise when you shake it, which you have to do before using which is a bit of a problem. Only comes in Pink and yellow, about 4$ Canadian for a pack of one pink and one yellow
2nd year Stage Management student at the UofA