Onstage > Tools of the Trade

Environmental Theater - Scents in the House

(1/2) > >>

philimbesi:
Ok, I'm know it's not an SM question but you all have a knowledgebase that I can't help but tap.  I'm looking for a quick and easy and hopefully cheap way to pump scents into the house.  One scent in particular, pine. 

Right now the front runner is a case of glade scented plug ins. 

centaura:
How big a house, and what type?  I ask because in my old vaudeville, there are old ducts under the house that fans could blow a scent through.  In a very small house I could see a few strategic bowls of essential oils adding enough scent.  Though part of me does wonder about possible audience allergies - maybe signs out front like you'd have with a show with heavy fog?

-Centaura

philimbesi:
It's a 300 seat old vaudeville house with exactly the same style ventilation system you speak of.   Now I kick myself for not thinking of that sooner. 

I did wonder about allergies myself, but considering the mold level can get kind of high in there, those with allergies will have bigger problems. ;)

LiLz:
Do you want the scent to be in the house the entire show or just part of it?  Will there be times when you want other scents or is pine the only one? Whether you use the vents or some other source, pine oil will be really helpful and you may still be able to find it in piles of Christmas stuff ... and really inexpensively at this point.  I use it in my house during the holidays ... I bought a little fan thing from QVC with scented oils ... it works really well - makes my whole apartment smell like fresh pine.  The scent is really concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way.

philimbesi:
Pine is the only one... all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version