Onstage > Tools of the Trade

[FAQ] Electronic Prompt Copies

<< < (2/19) > >>

bearbos:
I tried to find Callout in Word and couldn't find it. What is callout?

Fireguy: I tried to do what you were doing but it didn't work. I protected the document but then it either made it a comment which put a date and the work COMMENT in the box OR it just highlighted it in the text. Is there something that I'm missing.

The only way that I can do cues in word is text boxes. They work really well but it is a complicated procedure. It takes awhile.

MatthewShiner:
Pull out the drawing tool bar.

Callouts are are the pull out menu that inlcudes basic shapes, block arrows, flow charts, stars and banners, and call outs.  

There are a wide choice of callouts, which are basically just text boxes with various functiosn, most have a graphic line which can be placed to text.  I box the word the cue is called on, and then draw a callout box to the left margin (My prompt book is whole bunched on the right side).  I then type the cue in the call out.

I use text boxes as standbuys.

I use the thought bubble for things I need to remember.

loebtmc:
me too - sounds interesting

I had my board ops making snide remarks abt my book yesterday - I ignored them, having been taught to make it work in case someone had to come in off the street to call the show, meaning it has lots of extra notations in the margins and the like - FWIW my cues are always the farthest right thing on the page - I always box the GO cue with a line to the word or action, (boxed if that specific) and simply underline the s/b in the right margin - and it'd be fun to see how to make that work on a computer (altho that requires the script on screen as well, and it's been a while since I've typed in a script...)

bearbos:
The Callout thing works pretty well!! A little less intensive than the text box thing. Now, to box the word in the script, you use what? the regular box and send behind text?

MatthewShiner:
highlight text and then hit the border box - making sure top, bottom and both sides are marked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version