Author Topic: LOA referencing contracts  (Read 4598 times)

J

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
LOA referencing contracts
« on: Nov 01, 2007, 04:25 pm »
Here's a question that I feel dumb for not knowing the answer to.  On an LOA contract that references another contract, do they have to pay according to the contract they're referencing?

For example, on an LOA ref. LORT D, does the LOA contract have to pay $670/wk for the SM?

I'm thinking that the answer is NO, it doesn't NOT have to match the pay of the contract it is referencing, but I just want to be 100%.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2007, 04:34 pm by Justin »

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
  • Experience: Professional
Re: LOA referencing contracts
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2007, 04:45 pm »
Your instinct is correct, the answer is NO.  The word "referencing," means that the basic work hours, rules, conditions etc. of the contract are the ones that the LOA is based on.  You go to that rule book for any rule not specifically spelled out in your particular LOA.

Lower salaries are one reason a producer needs to use an LOA rather than the contract it is referencing. Other things that may be different include number of rehearsal hours allowed in a week, and number of performances allowed in a week.

snip
On an LOA contract that references another contract, do they have to pay according to the contract they're referencing?

For example, on an LOA ref. LORT D, does the LOA contract have to pay $670/wk for the SM?

I'm thinking that the answer is NO, it doesn't NOT have to match the pay of the contract it is referencing, but I just want to be 100%.
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

nmno

Re: LOA referencing contracts
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2007, 05:59 pm »
Here's a question that I feel dumb for not knowing the answer to.  <cut> I'm thinking that the answer is NO, ... <cut>
Don't feel dumb; it's smart to ask questions.  And see, you DID know the answer!