Author Topic: KC Mehl Scholarship 2008  (Read 3725 times)

boolabella

• New to Town
    • View Profile
KC Mehl Scholarship 2008
« on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:38 pm »
I was wondering if anyone associated with SMA knows if the 2008 scholarship recipients have been announced or notified.  The SMA website says  "There will be three Scholarship Recipients each year: one from the Eastern Region, one from the Central Region and one from the Western Region of the United States. 2008 Scholarship Recipients will be named in January 2008." I couldn't find any updated info on the website, does anyone have any info about this?

Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.”

SMJorge

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
Re: KC Mehl Scholarship 2008
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:06 pm »
From an e-mail that went out to SMA members 2/18/08:

Announcing the 2008 KC Mehl Memorial Scholarship Recipients.

The third annual award of a one-year Associate Membership in the SMA was granted to Claire Diedrich (Bloomington, Indiana) an undergrad at Indiana University and a veteran of internships ranging from Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival to Opera Australia; Melissa Margolin (Tempe, Arizona) a newcomer to stage management and a senior at Arizona State University, she won the University's Alfred de Liagre Award for her skills in management and leadership; and Vanessa Poggioli (Brooklyn, New York) with a B.A. from Bryn Mawr, she is currently a first-year M.F.A. student at Columbia University where she is becoming a stage manager of distinction among her professors.  Each year applications are received from across the country with three chosen, each representing the Eastern, Central and Western Regions of the country.  This year's recipients will participate with past recipients in periodic on-line chats, teleconferences, and in a SMA mentoring program in an effort to improve the social, networking and planning aspects of their SMA activities. Throughout the year, recipients are asked to provide updates on their developing careers and their relationship with the SMA.  The program looks to develop future leaders of the Association.  Keep your eyes on these talented young stage managers!

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Re: KC Mehl Scholarship 2008
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008, 12:15 am »

The third annual award of a one-year Associate Membership in the SMA was granted to Claire Diedrich (Bloomington, Indiana) an undergrad at Indiana University and a veteran of internships ranging from Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival to Opera Australia;

I've worked with Claire, she's wonderful! Just thought I'd share  :)
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.