Author Topic: Archival Video Taping Vote  (Read 4663 times)

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
  • Experience: Professional
Archival Video Taping Vote
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:46 pm »
What is the norm where you usually work:

Does Management ask you to take the Archival Video vote at First Rehearsal or later in the process?

If at First Rehearsal, has anyone ever experienced actors asking to hold the vote later in the process, wanting to base their vote on how they are treated and how the production turns out?? If so, what did you do?

"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

EFMcMullen

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
Re: Archival Video Taping Vote
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:37 pm »
Management has never "asked" me to do it on the first rehearsal, but I always do it then when we are doing all the other votes for 6-hours days, breaks, etc.  I personally like getting it out on the table at the beginning of the process. 

I have never been asked to vote on it later, I generally get "it's fine to do it, I just don't want to know when it is happening" response.  I do, however hold off on the signing of the rider until we move on-stage.  It acts as a gentle reminder that it is about to happen, and that they should voice any concerns now.

jspeaker

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Archival Video Taping Vote
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:44 pm »
I generally do it at first rehearsal to get all of the voting out of the way.  I have never had an actor pose that question but I do understand and feel that it is a fair thing to ask.

Jess
Jess W. Speaker, III
Equity Stage Manager
DC Area AEA Liaison
(301) 335-1498

http://q5go.blogspot.com/