Author Topic: Weird Dreams  (Read 8102 times)

missliz

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Weird Dreams
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:46 pm »
A new show dream:

I went into rehearsal per usual and the director pulled me aside and said the set had changed. It's a giant ring around the audience, and all the actors will be on roller skates, Starlight Express style, and can I make that work?
I personally would like to bring a tortoise onto the stage, turn it into a racehorse, then into a hat, a song, a dragon and a fountain of water. One can dare anything in the theatre and it is the place where one dares the least. -Ionesco

Jessie_K

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • International Stage Manager of Mystery
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA (on leave)
  • Current Gig: Queen of the Night
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:14 pm »
I had an awesome weird dream the other night.

I was offered a full-time resident SM job at a theatre company and they wanted to pay me a hug amount of money.  In my dream they made my salary offer via SMS and I remember the joy at seeing all those zeros!

We can dream, right?

catalinacisne

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:28 am »
The weirdest dream I've had involved turning our only full-tech runthrough before opening into an invited dress. Lots of important people (and children, since this was TYA) were in the audience, and eveyrthing was just wrong: the upstage cyc wasn't finished so we had to do all cross-overs in sightlines, props that I had properly preset went missing, everyone forgot their lines, and because I didn't bring my show blacks since it was supposed to be just a runthrough, I had to run around backstage with no masking for a house full om important patrons in full sightlines... in my bright yellow footie pajamas.

Kelasaurus

• Contributor
  • Live, Laugh, Love
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: CAEA
  • Current Gig: Getting my feet wet in the industry
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:26 pm »
I had another one not too long ago about my current show.

I dreamt that the director/adaptor came in on the second day of tech in an amazing mood. He was so excited and was telling everyone that he had had a revelation about how to make the show perfect. It was the only thing it was missing, and he had found it.

What would make the show absolutely shine would be to do it in Spanish.

In the dream, the actors casually chimed in "but... we don't speak Spanish". The director said it didn't matter. Fake it til you make it.

It was so odd, and vivid.
‎"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney

lab320

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: SM for Lively Arts Series at Montgomery County Community College
« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2013, 11:54 pm »
I've called shows in my sleep before. But I'm sure it happens to everyone...right?...right?

Dart

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: GALA Hispanic Theatre
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2013, 01:22 am »
The show I was working in August got so absolutely stressful that not only was I calling in my sleep but I apparently kept waking my boyfriend up and demanding his input on the timing of the sound and light cues. Mind you, I only vaguely remember him telling me (over and over) that I wasn't in the theatre and that he doesn't even understand the work I do.

Up until that show, my show nightmares had always been calling a LQ, a blackout happening instead, and, well. Waking up to a dark room while still trying to bring lights up. That's always fun.

ejsmith3130

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC
  • Current Gig: Coordinating a Move to Napaskiak AK- Harder than any show I've ever done!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2013, 12:21 am »
I've called shows in my sleep before. But I'm sure it happens to everyone...right?...right?

My college roommates complained of this happening quite often. I was also a French minor, so when I wasn't calling a show in my sleep, I was speaking in a foreign language.  ;D

SMBen

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: High School
« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:51 am »
I've had a weird dream lately. I was dragged into a production, but I didn't want to act. I tried to walk out quietly, but the stairs were so loud that everyone noticed, and then I started running. I tried to run, but the stairs became like a roller coaster. I eventually ran out, into the street, trying to get to someone that I knew.

riotous