Author Topic: Stage managing your life  (Read 8800 times)

kateaclysm

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Stage managing your life
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2010, 06:53 am »
To say the rest of my life is unorganized is an understatement.  My husband does all of our laundry, cause I just don't notice it.  But I am a little OCD all the deep cleaning stuff, so maybe it's just that I only notice minutia in my actual life.

late_stranger

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #16 on: Jul 24, 2010, 12:01 am »
Whenever there is an event, I'm all over it. After my last karate belt test, I went around and picked up all the abandoned flyers, then stacked and moved  the chairs, then collected all of the equipment that needed to go back to the supply closet. When my parents were procrastinating getting an invite out to our summer barbecue, I sat down with my mom and wrote everything down. And whenever we have to leave the house, I try to herd everyone out on time (ish). It's pretty funny.
Don't be so reverent about reality. It's just a trick, done with mirrors.

JenniferS.

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Ithaca College
  • Current Gig: Interning at the Finborough Theatre in London
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2010, 12:14 pm »
I think I flip flop. I do tend to keep rather organized and neat--my apartment is clean, until tech when it isn't at all. I'm also the person that makes spreadsheets for trips and budgets and etc. However, I can let all of that go and often choose to not care if the dishes aren't washed-- and I am kinda a spazz personality-wise when I'm not working. For example, I am severely directionally challenged. My friends will often ask me which way we should go next, and then go the opposite direction instead...and that usually is the right direction! Overall while I tend to keep pretty Type A, I enjoy those moments in my life when I don't have to be the most organized or put together.

bex

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Affiliations: AEA, Auburn University
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM/ASM
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2010, 04:25 pm »
I'm actually fairly messy in my personal life, my friends refer to the pile of clothes in constant residence on my floor as the "laundry monster." Other things I get super-organized about, though.  At the beginning of the summer, I put all of my DVDs in a carry-case to take with me to a summer internship where I wouldn't have room for all of the cases, and I ended up not only alphabetizing them in the carry-case, but also put a label in each slot so that I'll know what disc goes there.
You will have to sing for your supper & your mortgage, your dental coverage & your children's shoes, over & over again while people in desk jobs roll their eyes the minute you start to complain. So it's a good thing you like to sing.

riotous