Author Topic: Missing AEA Actor  (Read 3732 times)

thankyou5

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Missing AEA Actor
« on: Jul 13, 2011, 12:46 am »
Hi All,

Not sure where is the best place to put this. 

Lawrence Ellignton Street, AEA member, missing in Louisville, CO, while choreographing The Wizard of Oz. Graduate of Carnegie Mellon, nobody from Art Underground Theater has been concerned to look for him. Missing four days. Notified HRC, news media Denver, theater itself, and AEA. Help find him, notify the Denver/Louisville PD who feel that Larry's disappearance is not important..likely because he is african-american and gay.

See more in the Denver Post Article below:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/runninglines/2011/07/12/friends-fear-for-missing-actor-lawrence-streets-safety/3227/

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
Re: Missing AEA Actor
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2011, 03:11 am »
I posted with some internet friends in CO and they linked the post to a couple of more global Denver sites, so hopefully someone has seen something and he will turn up (and hopefully safe and sound)

Celeste_SM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2011, 11:35 am »
I've seen links to the articles posted on Facebook by quite a few actor-friends now, so the word is spreading. I hope he is ok.

thankyou5

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2011, 01:04 pm »
Good to know that word is getting out.

While I don't know this company or any of these people directly, I very much feel for them.  Through the years, I've had a few people go missing from various shows.  It is quite terrifying.  Luckily one ended up being in jail and another was sick and had lost his phone.  Unfortunately this is not always the case, I've also had to deal with suicide of a company member during tech.

I know this is very raw for those going through this, but I'd like to pose these questions for us all to think about.

How would you or have you handled this as an SM?  What do you tell your cast/company?  How do you carry on when someone has gone missing?

ScooterSM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2011, 02:10 pm »
“I've never been paid a lot, but the theatre has kept me, and for that I shall be eternally grateful.” Tony Church

riotous