Author Topic: Lucy Jordan Award nominations!  (Read 6648 times)

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
  • Experience: Professional
Lucy Jordan Award nominations!
« on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:04 pm »
WESTERN REGION FOLKS. Nominations for the Lucy Jordan award — an annual humanitarian award for people who help AEA members in the Western Region, are open. The form is on the AEA website, and we want to see nominations from all over the region. Past honorees have been from Texas, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, LA, Denver and ......well, don't you think there are folks in your area to honor who support AEA members (whether local or passing thru)? We've had folks who love and support every theatre in their town, know every actor and see every show, critics who make a point of highlighting AEA performers and SMs, producers who make sure their theatre is union in right to work states, house managers who treat the actors to a magnificent tech dinner, dressers who make everything calm and do-able and ok, etc etc. The person does not have to be an AEA member, as long as they do things that make our lives and theatre experience better.

If you have trouble finding the form, let me know and I can link it to a message or an email.

Y'all in Utah, Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and all those other liaison and non-liaison places that have yet to suggest anyone — please nominate someone we can all celebrate!

MarioLin

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: Lucy Jordan Award nominations!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:14 am »
This may sound odd, but would a handyman who does wonders for a theatre over a period of years qualify for such a nomination?

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Lucy Jordan Award nominations!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2019, 02:49 am »
Yes, kinda..... do the people include AEA members? That is a vital factor, someone who goes above and beyond for union members in particular, and not just the whole theatrical community. Does that make sense?

But we actually honored someone who did just that, along with being on the board of several theatres and insisting on finding ways to help them afford to hire union actors and stage managers.