Author Topic: Goodshows  (Read 2166 times)

Rebbe

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Goodshows
« on: Jun 12, 2012, 06:30 pm »
I was joking with friends recently that someone should invent "goodshows," where we could share what shows we have seen and what we thought of them, as with books on goodreads.  Does anyone know if such a thing already exists? 
"...allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster."  (Philip Henslowe, Shakespeare In Love)

planetmike

• SM Expert
  • @planetmike
    • View Profile
    • Michael Clark, Stage Manager
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Re: Goodshows
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:19 am »
A GoodShows type site would be tough. I'm also a theatre reviewer, and have seen the same show done many times by different groups. Several times after the first viewing I've thought "I never want to see that again." Then it turns out I have to see it again some point later at a different company, and it is wonderful. And the reverse has happened, loved a show the first time, seeing it later, hated it.

If people think something like this would actually be useful, it would be somewhat trivial to get something up and running. Either a forum system, or a wiki. I'm willing to start a sub-site under my theatre review site.