Author Topic: Stage Management Guide - Thank You  (Read 5165 times)

K_Darby

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: North Central College
  • Experience: Professional
Stage Management Guide - Thank You
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:10 pm »
Over the last two years I have been working on updating my college's handbook guide and throughout that process I used the SMNetwork as a constant resource. The information from a wide variety of posts as well as some specific calls for advice led to me to be able to create a book that I hope can help many people down the road.

After receiving permission from my college I am offering up the the completed guide to anyone interested. Here is a google drive link to the full pdf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1r4wYR09rfoS3Z5QnBUSXh4NE0/view?usp=sharing

I, for one, am always wanting to learn more about this field and perhaps it can help collegiate stage managers not just from my school. Most of the information is general stage management information with only a little bit of it tailored towards our specific spaces.

In the end I would just like to express a big thank you to this whole forum for helping me to build a solid foundation on understanding stage management and being such a great resource for someone without direct mentorship while in school.

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Stage Management Guide - Thank You
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:14 pm »
Thanks very much for sharing this with us, and for the SMNet shout out on the last page! <3

RuthNY

• BTDT Editors
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA Eastern Region Stage Manager Councilor
  • Current Gig: ALABASTER
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:48 am »
Great work, congratulations!!!  I only hope your school's SMs have a lot of time on their hands to read, prior to Stage Managing a show.  120 pages, wow!  Completely comprehensive. I salute you!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:47 pm by RuthNY »
"Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you."
--Alan Alda

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:07 pm »
This is lovely and quite comprehensive. This may be a stupid question, but these days you can never be too careful. Can we assume all names, phone numbers and email addresses are made up?

And - oh my do you hate me? I see some typos (one of my day jobs was copy editing and proofreading). Let me know if you want specifics.

K_Darby

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: North Central College
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 12:35 am »
Yes all personal information was made up for the guide. I understand the concern but the woman who started this project set up good groundwork for treatment of more sensitive material.

If you do see any typos message me! At this point the file has been printed for use at my college but I would love to adjust my master file. Thank you!

junecarlile

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2016, 08:29 pm »
This is wonderful!  I think I will print this out so I can reference it.  I love how you included relaxation techniques.  Great job!

riotous