Author Topic: Eugene O'Neill Internship  (Read 4178 times)

boolabella

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Eugene O'Neill Internship
« on: Apr 16, 2007, 11:59 pm »
I was just recently offered an sm internship at the Eugene O'Neill for the summer.  I was wondering if anyone has ever worked there.  I would love to hear some stories of what I might expect from my summer.

Thanks!
Lauren
Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.”

BeckyGG

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Eugene O'Neill Internship
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2007, 02:47 pm »
I have a friend who was up there last summer and I believe is returning this summer.  She loves it.  I also know actors who go up there in the summer and have only good things to say.  Enjoy!
CHAOS: Where Brilliant Dreams Are Born
Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be Chaos
Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish to the crowd.

KC_SM_0807

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2007, 03:28 pm »
I've heard great things about the O'Neill.... so I would definitely take advantage of that!! And even if it isn't all you hope it to be, at least you'll gain great experience and hopefully be able to take a lot away from it. Congratulations  :)
"Perhaps, therefore, Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their craft, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds."

SMJorge

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:06 pm »
I too have heard nothing but good things from a friend who worked there last year. I would be curious to see what you think at the end of the summer though.