Author Topic: I have a question regarding Stage Management as a major!  (Read 3127 times)

Wieda

• Tourist
    • View Profile
I am a senior looking who wants to major in Stage Management. BUT. I really really want to go to school in New York City. If at all possible so Im looking for school in the New York City area that offer stage management as a major. BFA. If not new york I'm open to any school located in an urban setting. I'm a big city girl and always will be! Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!

CRVerdusco

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA, USITT, IATSE
Re: I have a question regarding Stage Management as a major!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2009, 01:42 pm »
I would suggest looking at Rutgers, SUNY Purchase, and Depaul.  I went to Purchase for a little while, but eventually I ended up at Otterbein College, outside of Columbus OH.  I was like you I wanted to be in a Big City, I ended up very very happy at Otterbein, they have a very good program and it's very flexible.  I have also heard great things about Penn State.

Smurf1331

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2009, 09:40 pm »
I go to Pace in NYC... We have a BA in stage management... Let me know if you want to come visit. Also you might look at NYU... I'm not sure what their program is, but as you probably know they have a very strong Theatre Program. 

B3m4s

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: DePaul University
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2009, 02:09 am »
I'm at DePaul in Chicago, we have a BFA Stage Management program. I am really enjoying it, alot of hands on learning, its in a great theatre community and has alot of connections in the theatres around Chicago and elsewhere. Feel free to PM me.