Author Topic: JOB DESCRIPTION: Online readings  (Read 7585 times)

mizi5620

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
JOB DESCRIPTION: Online readings
« on: Aug 10, 2020, 06:26 pm »
I have been hired to SM online events using Streamyard. There has also been a technician hired to run the actual tech. Has anyone worked on an online event with a technician? How did you do that? How did you go about a clear com and what was your role. The event will only have two people on it so it would have been easy for me to just run the tech so I am unsure what my role should look like now. Any advice would be very helpful

Edited to add topic tag - Maribeth
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020, 11:32 am by Maribeth »

Michelle R. Wood

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • website
  • Affiliations: EMC, East Carolina University
  • Current Gig: Resident Stage Manager at Temple Theatre
Re: Online readings
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2020, 08:49 pm »
My online show had me running all the tech (with a consultant to help me learn the tools), so would love to hear anyone chime in on how actually calling an online event would work.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." -- Thomas Edison (Harper's Magazine, 1932)

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:27 am »
Year of the Stage Manager (YOSM) has a Facebook page that has a LOT of info.
Also the Stage Managers Association.
TONS of info out there my friends!
Ordo ab chao

Maribeth

• View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2020, 11:31 am »
USITT hosted a series of webinars about producing online performances...If you are a member, you can look it up in their online catalog of content. It was called Lessons Learned, and was a series of 3 discussions about how 2 different companies produced online shows.

(There are tons of informational videos available to members there if you're looking for something to do!)

TYA/USA is offering a free-to-all webinar next Monday called "Creating Immersive Theater for Families Online: Behind the Scenes of THE WIZARDS OF OAKWOOD DRIVE with La Jolla Playhouse". You can register on their website for the link.