Author Topic: COSTUMES: Trans-species changes for Jackson tribute  (Read 2285 times)

jkjiricek

• New to Town
  • 1COR16:13 everything in love
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
COSTUMES: Trans-species changes for Jackson tribute
« on: Feb 20, 2010, 05:33 pm »
I'm currently in the process of helping a friend plan out a tribute to Michael Jackson's Thriller, but we have run into a rough patch. (Surprise!) She would like to have our Michael transform from beautiful blushing boy to snarling werewolf to rotting zombie...all in the space of a couple seconds each. Help! Does anyone know of some simple, quick tricks we can use?

For the human-werewolf change, there was talk of fog and lighting to buy us some time, and, luckily, he can keep the majority of his human clothes. :) There's only the question of the head (anyone know where i can buy realistic fur?) and claws.

But it is the werewolf-zombie change that really concerns me. He has to switch out his clothes entirely, ditch whatever fuzz he may have accumulated, and become one of the bloody, rotten, all around disgusting undead. While i am unnervingly familiar with the zombification of my friends (!!!) it usually takes me a solid 15-20 minutes to do a quality job, instead of the (roughly) 30 seconds i've been given.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!  :D

Edited formatting in subject line-Rebbe
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 10:21 pm by Rebbe »
In short, a Stage Manager is an artist, parent, friend, confidant, nurse, drill sergeant and cheerleader.

Mac Calder

• Forum Moderators
  • Plan for the future, live for the now
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Live Performance Australia / Media Arts and Entertainment Alliance
  • Current Gig: Technical Director
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Costumes: Trans-species changes for Jackson tribute
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:14 pm »
I would use an additional actor as the werewolf. Some creative lighting, to get the actor change, then enough time to re-dress actor 1 in time for the zombie section.

riotous