Author Topic: SHOWS: Annie Get Your Gun-help with technical effect  (Read 2585 times)

DeeCap

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
A friend of mine is directing a college production of "Annie Get Your Gun" and needs help with one technical effect.

It's at the end of Act I, Scene 3 when Annie is on a trapeze and is shooting at the balloons. We have an idea of what to do with the shooting the balloons, but not sure about the trapeze. The space has no fly-rail system.

Any thoughts? The director is very flexible, and can change it to something else.

Edit to add topic tag. -Maribeth
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2013, 08:29 pm by Maribeth »

KMC

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Annie Get Your Gun-help with technical effect
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:44 am »
Does the space have a grid?  Could you dead hang a trapeze? If you can dead hang it, perhaps you can add a block and hand line off stage to hide the trapeze when not in use.
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt

Celeste_SM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Get Your Gun-help with technical effect
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:55 pm »
I did a production of Annie where she was blindfolded on a platform that spun as she shot at the ballons on the heads of other actors that were circling the platform in the opposite direction.