Author Topic: REPORTS: Acting maintenance notes in the Performance Report  (Read 11973 times)

SMeustace

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Theat Troupe Theatre Company
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: REPORTS: Acting maintenance notes in the Performance Report
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2013, 03:41 pm »
Any actor or acting related notes that should go into the performance report?

"On the first day the lord said....Light cue 1, GO! Then there was light".

Kevin13839

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2014, 06:41 pm »
I had a director that told me they weren't concerned if the actors were offended or not by my notes.  It was part of their job and that if there is a problem they need to know it.  After reading what all of you had to post about giving "acting notes", I feel terrible that I followed through with giving these notes.

Post Merge: Mar 25, 2014, 06:48 pm
If for example, you have been writing actors notes, would you apologize to your cast in an email for doing so to bring together the morale again or if anyone was insulted?
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2014, 06:48 pm by Kevin13839 »

Michelle R. Wood

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • website
  • Affiliations: EMC, East Carolina University
  • Current Gig: Resident Stage Manager at Temple Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2014, 04:30 pm »

Post Merge: Mar 25, 2014, 06:48 pm
If for example, you have been writing actors notes, would you apologize to your cast in an email for doing so to bring together the morale again or if anyone was insulted?

It seems to me something like that should be said in person rather than in an email: possibly ask everyone to come to the green room prior to the show, or if it's a small cast go to each person individually in the dressing rooms. Also, make sure you discuss such a change in policy with the director, producer, or someone on the artistic staff of the theatre prior to making such a unilateral decision on your own.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." -- Thomas Edison (Harper's Magazine, 1932)

riotous