Author Topic: Company Name Change  (Read 70727 times)

NJ.JerrySmith

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • Jerry Smith | Stage Manager
  • Affiliations: AGMA
  • Experience: Professional
Company Name Change
« on: Jan 27, 2021, 06:29 pm »
So I'm in the position where a company that I have an ongoing relationship with is rebranding, including a name change. The name change is not drastic, but it is nonetheless a change.

How would you approach this on your resume? Do you keep the old company name for the older productions and put it on the new shows moving forward? Do you change all the old show names as well? Another approach?

maximillionx

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Company Name Change
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2021, 08:42 am »
Assuming same structure, facility, contact information, location...Maybe: Your Favorite Theatre! (formerly Your 2nd Favorite Theatre)

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
Re: Company Name Change
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 06:25 pm »
I usually list the name that the company was when I worked there, and if room "(now New Name)." If it's a place that I find particularly releveant to the job I'm applying for, it's something to mention in the cover letter. It also depends on whether they were known better as the newer or older name. I worked at the Tennessee Repertory Theatre when it was under Equity's LORT agreement, it's now the Nashville Rep and SPT with one LOA to LORT per year (lower tier contract now). I like to point out the higher one, in my case.

riotous