Author Topic: Salary Negotiations  (Read 4007 times)

FallenRain

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Salary Negotiations
« on: Apr 01, 2005, 04:30 pm »
How do you guys generally handle negotiating your salaries, especially when working with a variety of union contracts that have varying minimums?  Do you have a number in mind, regardless of contract?  Or do you negotiate for a percentage above minimum?  

If you work for the same theatre regularly, what do you feel is an acceptable salary increase each season?  Do you just do cost of living increase or do you want a cost of living increase plus a raise?

How often do you find yourself working for minimum?

I'm very curious to hear what you guys have to say  :wink:

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
Salary
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2005, 12:51 am »
I tend to shoot for something above minimum - in my mind 10-15% as the base start salary, unless there other circumstances.

I find many theatres expect SMs to work for Minimum since it is already higher (On most contracts) then the actors.

I will sometimes forgoe my % over minimum if I can get so something else in return (able to hire my own assistant, billing, extra time off, etc, etc).  It's all a crap shoot sometimes, but if they are interested they will entertain any offer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.