Author Topic: Multi-tool advice?  (Read 17852 times)

yoyomankind

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: USITT, Phi Kappa Psi, SMA
Re: Multi-tool advice?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2008, 04:15 pm »
I actually am an equal opportunity user, owning both a Gerber and Leatherman.  On my belt I carry the Gerber MP400 Series - Compact Sport, which I own for the easy one handed use that is oh so useful when working on lighting.  On my keychain I carry the Leatherman Micra, which in my opinion has some of the best scissors on any multi-tool.  I also find the micra useful for it's small flat head screwdriver which works great as an eyeglasses screwdriver, or anything that needs a screwdriver that small.

Wandering Ninja

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2008, 02:24 pm »
One thing to remember. I have never encounter a multi-tool that works as a tool meant for a single job. The multi-tool are great for quick fixes; however, at times you need to go and find a "real" tool.

With that said I have use a BuckTool 360 for many years and I have not had a problem with it. Although it feels a bit unsteady when I use a lot of torque with one of the screwdrivers.
"Nothing worthwhile was ever accomplished without the will to start, the enthusiasm to continue and, regardless of temporary obstacles, the persistence to complete" Waite Phillips

javnine

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2008, 12:57 am »
I have a Leatherman wave.  I need to sharpen the knives, the scissors, and frankly re-oil it, but otherwise I like it.  I use the scissors the most probly, but it's handy to have a screwdriver at my belt.  Just wearing it gives me a confidence boost.

My dad gave it to me as a Christmas present, so he had it engraved with my name.  At first I thought it was sweet but cliche, until I realized how useful it was to have my names stamped on it.  It can't get mistaken for anyone else's, so I don't lose it.