Author Topic: Shades - LATC  (Read 2089 times)

RitaL

• New to Town
  • Back in the booth and loving it!
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Currently SMing a show at LATC in Los Angeles
  • Experience: Professional
Shades - LATC
« on: Apr 13, 2013, 01:49 pm »
Tonight is opening night for a new play called "Shades," opening at LATC (Los Angeles Theatre Center). The show was supposed to open a couple weeks ago, but there was some kind of dispute resulting in the director cast and crew walking off the show. A friend took over as director and asked me to come on board as the PSM. I was pleased and surprised that he asked me - though I worked as a PSM for many years, I'd been away from theatre for about eight years as I pursued film and television projects.

We've had eight rehearsals and one preview. We're fortunate to have a wonderful cast that found its way around an emotionally difficult piece in spite of the limited rehearsal time. The designers were a bit reluctant at first - they felt as though they'd already done their work in preparation for the initial opening date and felt frustration at having a new director with, at time, a new concept. That said, they all came through with flying colors.

It's been intense during the last couple weeks with a great deal to do and very little sleep. I'm looking forward to a great opening tonight and to starting a regular performance routine.

SMAshlee

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Porchlight Music Theatre
Re: Shades - LATC
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2013, 02:20 pm »
I wish you and all involved a very, very happy opening! It's always a bit of a relief to me when opening night finally arrives.  Enjoy it!

Break a leg,
Ashlee

MandalynM

• New to Town
    • View Profile
    • My professional website
  • Affiliations: SETC
  • Current Gig: Production Stage Manager: Brecksville Theatre
Re: Shades - LATC
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2013, 07:55 pm »
Break a leg!! Welcome back to theatre! Have an amazing run!

Mandi

riotous