Author Topic: My first "real" gig!  (Read 2394 times)

kdshort1

• New to Town
  • Hi! :)
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Alumni of SVSU, Member of Pit & Balcony
  • Current Gig: In between: Next is The Cockfight Play at Pit & Balcony
  • Experience: Community Theatre
My first "real" gig!
« on: Dec 21, 2014, 01:11 am »
I'm working on my first non-educational (by this I mean not at my college) production!

We're a few rehearsals into "Clybourne Park" and it is going swimmingly.  First of all, it's a fantastic script.  One of my favorites.  Secondly, the cast is rocking it.  And third, my ASM and director are two of my favorite people to work with.  It's at a community theatre, and I'm excited to branch out into something besides my university.

That being said, I'm also ASM-ing "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" at my university.  They nearly overlap.  Thankfully(?) the director for Clybourne is also the stage manager for How to Succeed.  I also just finished working with the director of HTS on another show ("Blithe Spirit").

I'm ALSO preparing for KCACTF in January and USITT in March.  Oh, and I'm supposed to graduate in May.

CALL ME CRAZY. DO IT.

fridaynightlights

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Re: My first "real" gig!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2015, 03:24 pm »
That's awesome! I love Clybourne Park! Congratulations on everything!

kdshort1

• New to Town
  • Hi! :)
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Alumni of SVSU, Member of Pit & Balcony
  • Current Gig: In between: Next is The Cockfight Play at Pit & Balcony
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Re: My first "real" gig!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:28 pm »
Thank you so much!  It was such an incredible experience, and I've already been asked back to that theatre for four upcoming shows, so I'm really glad I did it.  Plus the cast was absolutely hilarious, and the show itself is amazing...  Such a fantastic script.  Bruce Norris is one smart cookie.

I've since completed all of my busy tasks, except graduating.  Next up: Finding a job.  USITT gave me some fantastic insight, so I'm going to follow some leads I found there, but it's still super scary. 

riotous