Author Topic: Man of LaMancha  (Read 2156 times)

ejsmith3130

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC
  • Current Gig: Coordinating a Move to Napaskiak AK- Harder than any show I've ever done!
  • Experience: Professional
Man of LaMancha
« on: Apr 27, 2014, 02:13 am »
I'm actually super excited about the show I'm working on right now- Man of LaMancha is usually a really large scale production, and our version has been really stripped down for a 130 seat theatre. With no room for an orchestra, the 9 actors play all of the instruments and much of the score has been re-arranged to work within the talents of the group. It adds an interesting flavor, and has been exciting to work on, and truly an interesting experience having to track instruments as well as props and such.

The local paper did a spot on us that you can see here: http://www.theintell.com/videos/local/man-of-la-mancha-rehearsal/html_9dca7283-1d1e-5f55-a6fe-3777d14ef4a2.html#.U1pys6YHxkY.facebook

I was a little excited to see myself at the SM table in the finished video- although I did a good job of avoiding the press people the actual day of rehearsal.

If anyone is in Philly the show performs at Act II Playhouse in Ambler (just north on the Lansdale/Doylestown regional line) with previews starting this Tuesday, and running until June 8th.

riotous