Author Topic: New Musical  (Read 2720 times)

MatthewShiner

• View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
New Musical
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:02 pm »
Next up for me . . . I am off to Oregon Shakespeare Festival to join in with some of their resident staff to work with Stew (of Passing Strange fame) and Joanna Settle on the new musical FAMILY ALBUM.  (this will be second collaboration with this musical talent and director, my first being THE TOTAL BENT at the Public.)

It will be a unique and interesting experience, learning how to incorporate myself as an outside SM with the team, as well as be a co-SM and be ready to hand off this show by opening.

Monday - I am off to Ashland.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
  • Experience: Professional
Re: New Musical
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 11:27 pm »
Have a blast! How fun - and such a great team of SMs in Ashland, several of whom are on this website!

VilleSM

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Community Theatre League, SCCT, The Wilma
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Re: New Musical
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:18 pm »
Have fun with Joanna! She's currently in the room beside me auditioning for "Rapture, Blister, Burn" at The Wilma (coming Fall '14)!
And Stew!! That's awesome, Matthew!
"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but is also the return of art to life." - Oscar Wilde

riotous