Author Topic: Carner & Gregor's ISLAND SONG Concert Reading  (Read 1840 times)

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Carner & Gregor's ISLAND SONG Concert Reading
« on: Nov 10, 2012, 01:34 pm »
I've honestly never been prouder to be part of the development of a new project as I am this one.

This Monday at (le) Poisson Rouge will be the first full length presentation of this song cycle.

ISLAND SONG: Five New Yorkers are caught in a twisted love affair… with the city. This unique musical anthology takes us through their poignant and hilarious journeys to seize their own potential and the possibilities the city dangles before them. Driven by its kinetic and eclectic score featuring 3 MAC nominated songs, ISLAND SONG captures every urbanite’s triumphs, disappointments, and ever-tested perspective.

Music and Lyrics by Sam Carner and Derek Gregor
Directed by Marlo Hunter

Featuring:
David Ayers (WICKED, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF),
Emma Hunton (SPRING AWAKENING, RENT)
Preston Sadleir (NEXT TO NORMAL; ME, MYSELF & I)
Sarah Stiles (INTO THE WOODS, AVENUE Q)
Raena White (DREAMGIRLS at Marriott Lincolnshire)

Tickets are $15: http://www.lepoissonrouge.com/lpr_events/carner-gregor-island-song/, and 20% of proceeds will be donated to NYC Firefighter Brotherhood Foundation
(le) poisson rouge | 158 Bleecker Street | 212.505.FISH | info@lprnyc.com

About the writers:
Sam Carner and Derek Gregor’s musical UNLOCK’D won a Richard Rodgers Award and went on to be produced at NYMF 2007, where it won the “Best of the Fest” audience award and Talkin’ Broadway Citations for “Outstanding New Musical” and “Outstanding Original Theatrical Score.” UNLOCK’D went on to workshops at Theatre Works, Palo Alto and the Ravinia Festival and will premiere Off-Broadway next summer with the Prospect Theatre Company at the Duke on 42nd St. Other projects in development include their children’s musicals THE GREAT COOKIE QUEST (book by Jim Weitzer) and their short LOVE, SPLAT, which is slated for production in TheatreWorks USA’s THE TEACHER FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. Their musical anthology ISLAND SONG has been workshopped at Princeton University and Western Carolina Unviersity. Sam and Derek’s songs are performed frequently in cabarets and concerts around the world, and three numbers from Island Song have been nominated for MAC Awards (“After Hours” and “Make It Here” for Best Song and “Sing, But Don’t Tell” for Best Special Musical Material. They have also presented a number of concerts of their songs, including Sing, But Don’t Tell at NYMF 2009 and Buzzed, a 2010 concert with 12 cast members from the Broadway cast of HAIR.

To see clips of previously performed songs from this piece (I HIGHLY recommend NY Do You Care and CBT, and well, everything!) go here: http://www.carnerandgregor.com/category/island-song-project/

And our promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOlvnKCCHaU
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.

riotous