Author Topic: Why Did It Take Me 2 Years To Say Hi?  (Read 2485 times)

ShaeCanSM

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: The Minutes on Broadway
  • Experience: Professional
Why Did It Take Me 2 Years To Say Hi?
« on: Apr 10, 2014, 03:01 pm »
Officially saying hello to everyone here on SMN. I've been reading posts and referencing the site for a long time now and I'm grateful for all the posts, questions, and opinions I've read throughout. I'm not sure how I'd manage without the form section!
Im a freelance SM in NYC doing tours, equity contracts, and lots of readings just trying to breakout into the right gig. I'm sure I'll have questions at some point in my journey.
I hope you're finding good work and doing what you love!
Cheers,

Shae
Cheers,
Shae

Michelle R. Wood

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • website
  • Affiliations: EMC, East Carolina University
  • Current Gig: Resident Stage Manager at Temple Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Why Did It Take Me 2 Years To Say Hi?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2014, 03:44 pm »
Maybe for the same reason it took me so long to create an account; I agree, this forum is a wealth of good information and advice. So, "Hi Shae!" Glad to hear your're getting work and enjoying it.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." -- Thomas Edison (Harper's Magazine, 1932)

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Why Did It Take Me 2 Years To Say Hi?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2014, 02:47 pm »
Hi and welcome to the boards, Shae! Glad you're getting a lot out of it. Hope you can contribute your own experiences as well- I'm sure there a number of SMs interested in the NYC scene that would benefit from hearing your experiences. There's a Regional board for the NY/NJ/PA area- check it out for some great shadowing opportunities/other NYC-specific posts.

riotous