Author Topic: New Englander off to college!  (Read 2600 times)

nkennedy

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
New Englander off to college!
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:42 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm Nora, and I've been involved in community/children's theater for about nine or ten years. This past weekend was our performance of The Little Mermaid Jr., my final production with this group. I acted in ensemble roles for about eight years, then switched to stage managing these last two years. The program is for youth anywhere from 4 years old to 18, and each spring we all work together to put on a musical. The Little Mermaid was one of my favorites I have done. I was responsible for taking notes on stage directions and cues and during performances I would cue music tracks and assist the mic/lighting team. I've never truly called a show before but I know a thing or two about it.

Next year I will be a college freshman and hope to get into stage managing with the school's theater group right away. Everything I learned about stage managing I picked up as I went, and I can't wait to learn more. Feel free to say hello any time you want :) 

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: New Englander off to college!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:34 pm »
Hi and welcome, Nora! Check out the Students and Novices board- there's a lot of great info there for (and from) students.

Sounds like a fun group and glad you had such a good time with your final show with them!