Author Topic: Traveling SM  (Read 1439 times)

kawrem

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
Traveling SM
« on: Jan 01, 2014, 11:03 am »
Hi there folks,

I'm an SM who's worked in lots of locations such as KY Shakes, Jersey, North Carolina, and now Florida, and I'm looking for some networking around my newfound area. Hoping to figure out where to job hunt regionally as well as hopefully stay relocated down here. I've been around everywhere for abotu 3 years since graduation from college with my Theatre degree just trying to find a place to settle for a bit if not longer. Each job has had it's ups and downs but unfortunately a contract is a contract... it runs out.

Hoping to get some insight from fellow stage managers as well as, fingers crossed, give some of my own.

Looking forward to meeting you all digitally, and who knows.. in person perhaps.
-Kawrem

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Traveling SM
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:14 pm »
Hi Kawrem!

Thanks for joining us! That's quite a bit of bouncing around you've done for 3 years, although I suppose it's better to bounce and get paid than to stay in oversaturated markets forced to take on internship after internship.

If you're looking to network I'd recommend that you use the "Show unread posts since your last visit" link on a regular basis (it's up at the top of the screen) and reply to anything to which you can make a substantive contribution. Participation leads to visibility which leads to familiarity etc.

Also! I've just stepped up as moderator of the intros board! I'm trying to start some new traditions here. So, help a sister out? Here's the instructions from the "how to post an intro" topic:

I would like to see you post a new topic, including either:
  • A tip - Any shortcut, technique or skill that you've found makes your backstage life easier.
  • A tale - Be it funny, poignant or just plain bizarre, tell us a quick story about something that happened to you on the job. (Please do not use real names or companies for your own safety.)
  • A bit of trivia - Teach us something cool about the world! It can be history, science, a link between you and some famous person - doesn't matter. Many of us love trivia.

riotous