Author Topic: New Stage Manager  (Read 3155 times)

abellizzi

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
New Stage Manager
« on: Mar 12, 2013, 01:18 am »
Hello SM Network!
I am an aspiring stage manager at the University of San Diego. I would love a chance to be mentored by someone who has been in the field for a while. If you are interested, please message me!

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
Re: New Stage Manager
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2013, 10:18 am »
Welcome to the site.

I am sure you will be able to reach and make contact, and learn from a lot of us here, and teach many of us here.

That's being part of this community.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

ReyYaySM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Freelance
  • Experience: Professional
Re: New Stage Manager
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:37 am »
Hello and welcome to SMNetwork.  Be sure to check out our Students & Novice SMs board if you haven't already.  In regards to finding a mentor, browse through the site.  Identify a few members whose stage management philosophy seems in line with yours.  Reach out via PM.  They may not be able to take on a full-time mentorship role but would likely be willing to answer a few questions privately (though I can't speak for all of our members).  And read through the boards and join in the conversation.  The best way to learn (and network) through this site is to actively participate.  Hope you find it to be a great resource.