Author Topic: Howdy from Texas!  (Read 2057 times)

gwynnetx

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Howdy from Texas!
« on: Jul 11, 2013, 01:39 pm »
Greetings from the Lone Star State!  I have an MFA in Directing, but I also stage manage.  I'm not currently doing either professionally or as a main source of income; I teach, which allows me to pick and choose what shows I want to do at theatres around my area.  So far this year, I have directed a show and am currently SM'ing a musical.  I'm here to brush up on my skills and learn some new ones as well as to read about the experiences of others.   :)

ReyYaySM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Freelance
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Howdy from Texas!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2013, 09:49 am »
Hello and welcome to SMNetwork!  I'm a former Texan (currently DC based).  Browse through the forum; there is lots of information to be uncovered.  And start a new thread if you can't find an answer to your questions.  Hope you find the forum to be helpful as you brush up your skills. 

gwynnetx

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2013, 02:07 am »
Thanks!!

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2013, 06:49 am »
I lived for three years in Dallas, Texas . . . loved it . . . found the love of my life in Dallas, and took them along with me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

riotous