Author Topic: Good Day, All!  (Read 1717 times)

TheatreDino

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Good Day, All!
« on: Nov 22, 2014, 08:02 am »
Good day, all!

My name's Ashleigh and I reside in Sydney, Australia. Starting as an actor, I realised my love for stage management during work experience at the beautiful Capitol Theatre where I got the privilege to chat with the SM of A Chorus Line. Since then, I've been working as a SM and ASM at school (that I've just graduated from!) and in the community. All of where I gained great experience! Right now, I'm in the midst of applying for university (WAAPA), looking for work and more exposure to Sydney's professional theatre companies, and finding a cheap copy of a stage management handbook. I can't wait to start working as a SM professionally and will do everything within my power to achieve this dream I've had for so long...

I'm also really interested in directing, designing and writing for theatre! I also collect scripts.

Outside of my theatrical shenanigans, I love love love my martial arts, fluffy animals, not so fluffy ones and hiking.

So, hello SM community! I'm so glad to have found you - I'm sure you'll all be of great help whenever I need something.

Ashleigh x

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Good Day, All!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2014, 05:27 pm »
Hi and welcome, Ashleigh! Congrats on graduation. You can probably find some reasonably-priced books on Amazon. If you do a search for "books" in the search box, you'll find a number of them recommended by members.