Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 1593 times)

dlenik

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Baltimore Rock Opera Society; Baltimore Annex Theater
  • Current Gig: The Electric Pharaoh, an original rock opera with the BROS
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Finally!
« on: Sep 19, 2014, 04:33 pm »
Hey all,

Just adding an intro so I won't be a stranger. I'm almost entirely new to theater and stage management. I work for an all-volunteer DIY theater group in Baltimore that produces original, live rock opera shows. I stepped in as stage manager for our last production (March 2014) after the original stage manager had to step down when complications with her paying job arose. With a cast of 24, a six-member live band, and two touring weekends, it was definitely a trial-by-fire, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am now stage managing my third production and still looking for ways to improve. I'm glad I stumbled upon this website; I'm sure I'll find lots of useful information here.

Thanks!
Debra

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2014, 12:28 pm »
WELCOME DEBRA !
Now, that's the way to start a career!!!
Glad it kick-started you into something you love...
Welcome Aboard.
Ordo ab chao

bex

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Affiliations: AEA, Auburn University
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM/ASM
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Finally!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2014, 12:48 pm »
I've heard of the BROS! Welcome! I was an intern at Centerstage a few years ago, now I'm based in DC but still have many friends in the theater community in the Salty Balty.
You will have to sing for your supper & your mortgage, your dental coverage & your children's shoes, over & over again while people in desk jobs roll their eyes the minute you start to complain. So it's a good thing you like to sing.