Author Topic: cuing memories  (Read 1868 times)

abs_chells

cuing memories
« on: Jun 13, 2014, 10:08 pm »
During dry tech/cuing for my high school's production of Urinetown this winter, I was sitting with my friend who does basically everything technical, and was light board op at the time. The director and technical director were also with us, but they tend to get into small fights that can be entertaining but usually are ridiculous and we all know who's right the majority of the time (the tech director). They say some pretty funny things, so when they weren't paying attention to us, my friend and I began a conversation on Twitter made up of quotes, as they happened, including:
"It just looks like brown !$@#$"
"Yeah, just google piss hitting a wall" "Look I can infinite loop it"
(Tech director to director): "I'm so kinda proud of you"
"Ow, that was my elbow" - me "Sorry, it'll grow back nicely though" - Tech director
It's a great memory from an interesting 10 hour day of cuing...

EDIT - Removed profanity. - PSMK
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2014, 03:40 am by PSMKay »

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: cuing memories
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2014, 03:43 am »
Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing your tale. :)

As you progress in your career it will be more dangerous to quote other artists out of context on Twitter like that, so enjoy it while you can! I remember back in the mid 90's my classmates and I would keep a running list of silly quotes like that from our tech professors in college, but we did it in the margins of my notebook. I wonder what I did with those...

SMMeade

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Asst. Company Manager, HVSF
  • Experience: Professional
Re: cuing memories
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2014, 12:04 am »
Kay- I did the same thing. Every show I'd have quotes doodled somewhere in my binder. My favorite college director quote was, "Scene shifts are like sprinkles!" and him nick-naming the other ASM and me Spike and Re-Spike (there were obviously a few changes to the set).

Welcome!

riotous