Author Topic: Brand new SM  (Read 2461 times)

kristaf

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Brand new SM
« on: Aug 13, 2018, 01:45 pm »
Hello! My name is Krista and I'm a brand new Stage Manager in the Omaha area. What makes me unique, is I'm starting this gig as a person in their 50's.  :D I did theater in high school, then nothing else for a long time. Once I had my son and as he got older, I started taking him to shows around town - he loves going to shows. I then joined the boards of a couple theaters and became a board member of our Theatre Arts Guild. I work full-time in IT and have a lot of Project Management experience. This summer, I asked if I could be the Assistant Stage Manager for a show. I thought with my pm background, stage managing might be a bit easier for me. I worked with the SM through the whole production and even ran the show a few nights so she could have a break. I was asked this summer to help SM a show this fall already. I'm looking forward to picking up ideas on this board.

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Brand new SM
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2018, 09:02 pm »
Welcome aboard, Krista! It's an interesting career no matter when you start. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

riotous