Author Topic: a youngblood badger who has finally found her passion.  (Read 1823 times)

LadyAlex

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Hello! My name's Alex, but to avoid confusion with the two other Alexs in my department, a new title was bestowed on me- "Lady"- and I've grown rather attached to the unique moniker. I don't care which you use, though!
I'm currently a rising sophomore BFA Theatre major in Virginia and so far I've worked on every show my department has put on, which includes four mainstage shows and two "underground" (student-run) shows. Out of those six shows, I've been an ASM for two (one mainstage, one underground) and I was given my first chance to stage manage in my spring semester Freshman year for the department's most complicated annual "show" called 0 to 60. Basically, 0 to 60 is a compilation of six ten-minute plays, selected by our university's English department out of submissions sent in from all across the nation. I worked with three separate student directors, so we divvied up the shows in twos. Of course AFTER I accepted the position, the upperclassmen notify me of the mess I've gotten myself into and fill me in on all the horror stories of past 0 to 60 shows. Despite the initial disaster I was handed, I believe I handled it to the best of my ability and it turned out to be a great show!
To delve a little into my topic's subject... I didn't figure out my life's passion, the one thing I could start building my life on, until my junior year in high school when I took "Introduction to Theatre." I had never felt such an intense drive for something before; I knew, after working on the annual musical, that I had found something I could see myself doing until I retired, and probably even after that!
Despite discovering my passion for theatre, I didn't have any idea where to focus my passion until just this past year in college. I got a taste of stage management and have been hooked ever since. My newly-found career/life goal is to be a stage manager on Saturday Night Live.

I think I covered just about everything... I'm just looking forward to improving myself and helping others here!

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: a youngblood badger who has finally found her passion.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2013, 04:00 pm »
Welcome, Alex! Be sure to check out the Students and Novices board for advice specific to those in school.

riotous