Poll

Which website is more useful?

Webmail (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
27 (96.4%)
Web Calendar
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: WEBSITES Division Semis: Webmail vs Web Calendar  (Read 6345 times)

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
WEBSITES Division Semis: Webmail vs Web Calendar
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 12:21 am »
Kicking off the Sweet Sixteen- It's a showdown of two powerhouse Website contenders- Webmail vs. Webcalendar!! This match is going to be quite a nailbiter- our experts judge these teams to be fairly evenly matched.

Webmail has changed the lives of stage managers in the last 2 decades. The increasing polularity and availability of Webmail has decreased the need for rehearsal hotlines, saving SMs the necessiry of recording the call 7 times just to squeeze In the last two lines. It has increased the ability for last minute communiques, and made SM-designer relations increase tenfold. Its offense is not to be stopped!

Webcalendar has strong foothold in the Website round- its ability to track multiple shows and easy comparison to one's personal calendar lead to a strong defense for this team. The ease of sharibility amongst production staff makes it a strong contender.

VOTE for your favorite Website! Polls open through midnight 12/17.

-Maribeth
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2014, 12:49 pm by Maribeth »

Maribeth

• View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: WEBSITES Division Semis: Webmail vs Web Calendar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:08 pm »
This match seems like no contest- web-based email is one of the great digital communication methods of our time, so I can't say I'm surprised that the match is swinging this way.

riotous