Author Topic: URTAS  (Read 3886 times)

G-O gr24

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PM Fellow at Berkeley Repertory Theatre
  • Experience: College/Graduate
URTAS
« on: Sep 09, 2010, 06:50 am »
im currently very confused on if i want to go to grad school but i think im going just to see what happens.  anyone else?

lalaa0822

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC
Re: URTAS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2010, 09:59 pm »
Our college years are the best years to take risk and learn from the choices and mistakes we make (before heading into the professional level). If you're unsure, it wouldn't hurt to send applications in and experience the interview and selection process.  There's an SM book that has an entire chapter on having an interview process and what directors, producers, etc look for when interviewing an SM, since SM's a good percentage of SM job openings require an interview process (and some ask to email them a resume).  My interviews for Undergrad School really helped me with going through interviews for Summer Stock at Equity Theatre's.

I've always wanted to go to Grad School (since my freshmen year of high school). I'm hoping to send my app in to URTA before the deadline and a few additional grad schools.  If you take a risk during senior yr or after graduation, something is bound to come your way if you take a risk.  I think it wouldn't hurt, even if you're not certain.... go for it!!! 
~Angela

"Be yourself! I know that sounds cliche, but we all have seriously quirky things about us that may make us feel like an outsider or different, but those are the things to really celebrate. They're what make us unique!" - Idina Menzel

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
Re: URTAS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010, 10:15 pm »
We have had several threads about this . . . you can search and read more about how other threads have gone. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

riotous