Author Topic: Syracuse University?  (Read 3828 times)

kmcooper09

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Syracuse University?
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 12:50 pm »
Hello, I recently had my portfolio review at SU and I think I really like it. However, i would like some input from somebody who doesn't work for it. Does the fact that the degree would come from Syracuse help, hurt? THANKS!
"ideal stage managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their craft, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds.”
-Peter Hall

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Syracuse University?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 03:17 pm »
Have you contacted the school to get a list of current students and recent alumni?  Be weary of a school that doesn't have a good reason to hook you up with students.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

SGU312

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: EMC, Syracuse University
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:39 pm »
I am currently a freshman stage management major here at Syracuse. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the program, school, or college in general. None of the schools I looked at really linked me up with current students. But if you want to talk to some other students besides me who are upperclassman I might be able to get you in contact with them.

klcurrie

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:45 pm »
While I did not graduate from Syracuse with a theater degree, I am an alum and a lot of my friends are alums of the theater department.  Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions for you or put you in touch with some theater alums.