Author Topic: Any current/graduated Boston University SM students?  (Read 4792 times)

janett

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Any current/graduated Boston University SM students?
« on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:26 am »
Hi, I've been offered admission to BU, and quite frankly, I didn't hear so much about BU's stage management program as opposed to other colleges.  I was originally planning to go to Syracuse, but then BU's financial aid is giving me a full ride, so I'm really really torn as to what to choose  ???  Another thing I'm hesitate about choosing BU is that I asked SM department head for some emails of current/graduated SM students at BU, and I haven't heard from him for about 4 days.  Other than seeing the curriculum and such from the website, I'd really like to know what SM program is like from a student who's from BU.  I don't live in US, so I responses from BU students are really important to me...  It would be great if anyone who's a current/graduate student from BU can help me out on how the SM program at BU is! (or response from anyone who heard about how BU's SM program is like would help a lot too.)  Thank you!!

Amie

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • Amie S. Bajlaieh  - Stage Manager. Producer. Artist.
  • Affiliations: Crossroads Theatre Company, Rutgers University
  • Current Gig: Producing Associate, Crossroads Theatre Company
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Any current/graduated Boston University SM students?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:52 am »
That's interesting. When I tried to apply to their graduate SM program, I was told they no longer had that program... I wish I could help you.

Are you admitted for undergrad or grad?
~ Amie ~

“This whole creation is essentially subjective, and the dream is the theater where the dreamer is at once: scene, actor, prompter, stage manager, author, audience, and critic.”

janett

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2009, 05:38 am »
I've been accepted for their undergrad program.  They don't have SM for grad program!  Also, I'm researching more, and learning more about BU's program.  I finally got in touch with some of their students too  :)  But any more responses and comments would be really helpful!

Srlaupan

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:05 am »
Libby (username) said that they were an '06 grad...check your first thread.

Good luck!

DeeCap

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2009, 01:57 pm »
They are phasing out the SM grad program (I am the last one)

Feel free to contact me as I take classes along with the sm undergrads.