Author Topic: TOOLS: Washi tape for prompt books!  (Read 2605 times)

Dart

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: GALA Hispanic Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
TOOLS: Washi tape for prompt books!
« on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:01 pm »
I have finally found the perfect solution for my book.

Over the past couple of years, I have been using post-it flags for cues, but cutting off the non-sticky part of the flags. That's why the post-it tape roll would be fantastic for me, if only it were narrower.

I was at Staples this week and noticed they had washi tape (which is weird, because this was the one, out of three Staples I've been at recently, that carries washi tape) on serious sale. Usually the small Scotch rolls go for 3 or 4 bucks each, but they're going for $1 at my local store. So I thought I'd get a couple of the solid or lightly-patterned ones to see what the online hype is about. I don't see myself using them for craft projects, but they are EXACTLY what I want for my cue notation!

They're translucent enough (you can see about how much on this patterned listing http://www.staples.com/Scotch-Expressions-Washi-Tape-Quatrefoil-Sunset-3-5-inch-x-393-inch/product_200551) to see the text underneath while still standing out, so they work a lot like the translucent post-it flags I've used in the past. They're basically masking tape, so they stick well but are easily repositionable, and they come in a roll so you can slap them on a tape dispenser and leave them on your tech table. You can write right on them with a sharpie, and they come in different sizes and colors so you can find your favorite.

Again, I got them super-cheap, but they're long enough to be absolutely worth the 2 or 3 bucks a roll you can find them for online. Do check out your local office store, though, and see if they have any sort of offer going on.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2014, 01:45 am by Dart »

LexieTaylor

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Alum, UW-Whitewater
  • Current Gig: Former SM/Occasional Freelancer
  • Experience: Professional
Re: TOOLS: Washi tape for prompt books!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2014, 02:39 pm »
Interesting alternative to Avery stickers... How would you say it compares? As easy to pull up? Do you have to use Sharpie or does a pen work also?

riotous