Author Topic: The comfort of a featherweight headset  (Read 16290 times)

Reshetniak

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
Re: The comfort of a featherweight headset
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:29 pm »
I have had the same Plantronics headset for almost ten years.  Either running as an ASM backstage or as a PSM in a booth, it is by far the best headset I've ever owned.  I can wear it all day long snd sometimes forget I'm wearing it.  It's nearly invisible even at close distances and I never have problems with it blocking out ambient noise. 

The best place I know of to purchase it is Backstagejobs.com. 

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:32 pm »
I had the same model from backstagejobs, it worked well enough although I doubt I could wear it all the time.  I wear glasses at all times and the featherweight didn't work well with the earpiece of my eyeglass frames. 

jspeaker

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2008, 04:06 pm »
My favorite headset is the Sennheiser HMD 410-6.  Sadly they are now discontinued... so if anyone has one they want to sell....
Jess W. Speaker, III
Equity Stage Manager
DC Area AEA Liaison
(301) 335-1498

http://q5go.blogspot.com/

geridith

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2008, 01:22 pm »
I've been checking out all the websites people have listed, and I noticed that the lightweights on eartec.com are all under $100, which would fit my budget nicely, but has anyone had experience with them? I'm looking to try the over the ear non-headband kind. Thanks! :)

Samantha

SJRiedener

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2008, 03:34 am »
The only problem with featherweight headsets I hear were if you get more then two in the same area you get horrible feedback. I'm not sure if that's true or a rumor. I'm interested to find out though. I perfer clearcom. I've worked with it a lot and find it very reliable.

I don't know about having two lightweight headsets in the same area, since the only person on our team to have one was our SM, but I do know that if he had the earpiece away from his head (i.e.: Not right up to his ear), everyone got a NASTY feedback over the system, right in our ears.

riotous