Author Topic: Running Shoes  (Read 12643 times)

LisaS

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Running Shoes
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2010, 07:34 am »
I'm a huge fan of the Saucony Jazz.  They have a black on black option.  It has a little red writing on the heel, but it's nothing that a sharpie can't fix.  Those are the only shoes I've ever been comfortable in for an entire week of 10 out of 12s.

bex

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Affiliations: AEA, Auburn University
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM/ASM
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2010, 01:21 pm »
Back when I was still in school I would actually wear my Capezio Dansneakers.  They were lightweight and supportive, but had very good protection around the toes, due to that built in box for toe stands they had.  They were also pretty durable, lasting through four years of both dance classes and running shows in them.

I wear Capezio dance sneakers as well. I have low arches, and they are just about the best thing I've found for keeping my feet from going completely flat.  I would probably choose a different option if I had to climb anything backstage- the split sole is not conducive to ladder rungs, but for our absurdly low-ceilinged theatre they are perfect!
You will have to sing for your supper & your mortgage, your dental coverage & your children's shoes, over & over again while people in desk jobs roll their eyes the minute you start to complain. So it's a good thing you like to sing.

loebtmc

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2010, 01:29 pm »
I recently purchased a pair of black dearfoam sport on remainder sale, and immediately went back for two more pair. I am never turning back! comfy, silent, slipons that stay on, and not overly expensive. I don't normally love shoes (odd sized feet and too many injuries) but oh my goodness these are comfortable!

LizzG

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: First National Tour
« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2010, 05:43 pm »
I've had the same pair of black shoes for the last 3 years (well 3 different pairs, but I keep ordering the same ones) and they are great!  Shoesforcrews.com is where I got them, and I have the "athena" style.  I can stand on my feet all day, and do 3 shows in 1 day, and they are still extremely comfy.  Plus they are super slip resistant, which is important in particular for my extremely messy show.

Celeste_SM

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2010, 10:56 pm »
I really like my black Keen's. They're the Briggs model. The hard rubber toe protection and the shoe is supportive with a sole like a boot, without the weight of a boot.

adlucas3

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2010, 01:22 pm »
I found an all black pair of Nike Shocks that have lasted two years so far (though not without getting a little funky).  I love 'em!

Kelasaurus

• Contributor
  • Live, Laugh, Love
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: CAEA
  • Current Gig: Getting my feet wet in the industry
« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2012, 03:17 am »
I swear by my black on black Converse Chuck Taylor high tops.  I wear Chucks all the time (I probably have 10 pairs in various colours), and I have had my black on black pair for 4 years, and I have not yet worn them out. 
‎"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney

riotous